NEW YORK — Right now, Citi celebrates its 14th annual World Group Day with 110,000 Citi volunteers in additional than 400 cities throughout 90 nations and territories collaborating in service actions of their native communities. Within the days main as much as, and together with World Group Day, Citi colleagues, alumni, companions, shoppers, household and associates are volunteering in additional than 1,500 service tasks which might be serving to to handle a spread of group wants – from mentoring low-income youth to conserving parks and educating folks concerning the worth of defending wholesome and sustainable ecosystems.
This annual day of service presents a variety of volunteer alternatives to work alongside group and non-profit companions to assist enhance our cities and neighborhoods.
“On daily basis, we take satisfaction in having a enterprise mannequin that contributes to society by enabling progress and financial progress. Now in its 14th 12 months, World Group Day presents our Citi colleagues world wide the chance to pursue this mission by means of volunteerism,” mentioned Citi CEO Mike Corbat. “The large turnout we see yearly is a superb reflection on our folks and exhibits their honest dedication to the communities we serve.”
For the reason that inaugural World Group Day in 2006, Citi volunteers have contributed over four million hours of service to World Group Day tasks in a whole bunch of cities. This 12 months, we proceed to trace how tasks are serving to to advance the Sustainable Growth Objectives (SDGs). The featured actions beneath present how this 12 months’s tasks are contributing to pick SDGs, together with: Zero Starvation (SDG 2); Good Well being and Properly-Being (SDG three); High quality Training (SDG four); First rate Work and Financial Progress (SDG eight); Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG 11); and Local weather Motion (SDG 13).
- In China, Citi volunteers are making care packages and hand-painting footwear for underserved youngsters within the Yunnan Province.
- Aligning their efforts with Pathways to Progress, Citi volunteers in Sydney, Australia will plan a collection of workshops to assist youth develop profession aspirations, improve their employability expertise, and reach a aggressive job market.
- Within the Philippines, Citi volunteers are addressing environmental and social points by creating recycled plastic bottle “eco bricks,” which will probably be utilized in public faculty constructing tasks, and selling equality and inclusion by strolling alongside Paralympic athletes.
- In London, United Kingdom, Citi volunteers are holding a Sports activities Competition Day to harness the facility of sport as a developmental device for younger folks to advertise long-term lively habits, improved well-being and employability expertise.
- In an effort to enhance air high quality in Warsaw, Poland for low-income and susceptible communities, Citi volunteers will probably be planting anti-smog crops and mini herb gardens.
- In alignment with Pathways to Progress, Citi volunteers in Kuwait will probably be utilizing their expertise to coach younger folks from low-income communities on writing a profitable cowl letter and interviewing for jobs efficiently.
- Citi volunteers in El Salvador are collaborating with Glasswing Worldwide to assist youth improve their data in monetary training and employability expertise.
- Focusing their efforts on neighborhood revitalization, Citi volunteers in Bogotá, Colombia will probably be portray colourful murals in a area people. The biggest of the murals, a butterfly, will stand as a logo for brand spanking new beginnings.
- Citibanamex volunteers in Mexico are collaborating in a spread of actions to assist deprived populations, together with working a nationwide meals drive and aiding Paralympic athletes.
- Citi CEO Mike Corbat joined Citi volunteers in Toronto, Canada to assist protect a artifical conservation park by means of planting actions.
- In New York Metropolis, Citi volunteers are participating in a spread of actions throughout the 5 boroughs, together with clearing particles and getting ready plant beds, mentoring younger folks, packing meals and constructing bikes for kids from underserved communities.
- Citi volunteers in Los Angeles County are working in partnership with Homes4Families (previously Habitat for Humanity – Santa Clarita) on a group landscaping undertaking for low-income veterans.
Please be a part of the World Group Day dialog on social media utilizing the hashtag #CitiVolunteers. To study extra about Citi’s citizenship efforts and the way we take motion to impact optimistic and significant change in our communities, go to https://www.citi.com/citizenship.
Citi, the main international financial institution, has roughly 200 million buyer accounts and does enterprise in additional than 160 nations and jurisdictions. Citi gives customers, companies, governments and establishments with a broad vary of monetary services and products, together with client banking and credit score, company and funding banking, securities brokerage, transaction companies, and wealth administration.
Further info could also be discovered at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Weblog: http://weblog.citigroup.com | Fb: www.fb.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/firm/citi
Elizabeth Kelly, 212-559-2477